I am sure when Patanjali launched its Noodles, it does not only raise eyebrows of corporate houses but raised appreciation for noodles completely prepared indigenously. Being Ramdev its face, many assume that he is the driving force but you will be surprised after reading this article in which many facts were unknown.
- Acharya Balkrishna is the major stakeholder (97%) & Baba Ramdev is a mere brand ambassador. So Balkrishna is the real boss.
- Patanjali is Going to open a university which would eye on producing Potent Olympic players.
- Patanjali is all set for Khadi Apparel venture and artificial insemination of cattle to boost dairy production.
- Acharya Balkrishna is the 48th richest man in India with a net worth of 2.5 billion dollars.
- It has about 85 thousand retail outlets not just in India but in various parts of the world.
- it relies entirely on indigenous production units. Also, it does not manufacture all the products by itself rather it just markets the consumer goods produced by small indigenous firms.
- It has provided indirect employment to over 2 lakh people in India.
- It has become one of the Fastest rising companies (FMCG) in India.
- Patanjali made into the 5000 crore Club in just one decade thus surpassing Colgate which is 8 decades old Company.
- Unlike Other FMCG companies like Unilever, Colgate, Nestle, etc it uses a single Brand Strategy. Thus Branding All it’s products under the Brand name “Patanjali”. For example Patanjali shampoo, Patanjali Biscuits, etc. this Strategy is also followed by giants like google, Microsoft, and apple.
- In the Initial years unlike other companies, Patanjali spent a little on advertising and followed the Word of Mouth Advertising strategy. But Recently it has spent lumps of money in advertising even surpassing biggies like HUL, Cadbury, etc. Allegedly Patanjali has hired two top advertising agencies McCann and Mudra to take the business on next level.
- Patanjali has it’s own food park started in 2009 with the govt help in Haridwar.
- Patanjali products are15-20 % cheaper than their Counterparts.
- Patanjali Advertisements appeared about 17,000 times between January 23rd and January 29th of the FY2016 According to BARC, India.
But there have been many wrong things for which Patanjali was in news:
- Patanjali has been charged by the govt of “misbranding” and “Misleading” for its 6 products in 2012. Even some of its products have failed the Safety test Conducted by FSSAI.
- Patanjali has been many times accused of making profits by Playing the Nationalism and Patriotism Card. For example, Recently Baba Ramdev in his tweet urged people to stop using Chinese goods and thus buy indigenous products.
Still, I have used many of their products, and many of you who have also used them will agree with me that they are better plus cheaper. So whoever like them, keep on using it and whoever avoid them just because of Ramdev or Hindu affiliated company, you guys need a psychiatrist. Cheers
Jai Hind !!!