We all were shattered when we heard this news and with sudden increase in popularity of Virat Kohli, this was surely on the cards. But nobody expected that our Captain Cool would step down so easily and that too from both ODI and T20s which he love the most of all the cricket forms. But what lead to this? Who is behind all this? Was it his own decision?
- It started when he suddenly left Test captaincy. Although India lost that series but they were not a humiliated. Everybody was shocked and even many news channels concluded by saying that it is result of clashes between Kohli and Dhoni. They even showed that there are 2 groups in Indian cricket team :
- Kohli group : kohli, dhawan, kl rahul, umesh yadav, jayant yadav, saha, rohit sharma
- Dhoni group : dhoni, jadeja, ajinkya, nehra, shami, raina
*Ashwin who has been loyal to Dhoni for a very long time ,have now shifted to other group in recent months.
- Also after Anurag Thakur has left the post of BCCI chief, chances of new BCCI chief are of Mohinder Amarnath’s who has been a critic of Dhoni’s performance and have suggested him that now captaincy is taking toll on your batting, so its better you play just as batsmen.
- Most importantly, just before the team selection for upcoming ODI series with England, many good players either asked for rest or are injured and since every captain have a veto to select his 6 favourite players and since many were not there, he felt that players are ganging up against him.
All these factors are responsible but I feel if he can play as a batsmen, he can play as a captain too. Period.
But we will surely miss our CAPTAIN COOL !!